Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Santa Visits Crossfit Central

Twas the Night Before Christmas & All through the gym
Roll call was taken, a few latecomers rushed in
The Med. Balls were stacked by the brick wall with care
For St. Nicholas soon would be there
The kettlebells sat in their proper place
For all Crossfit coaches had no time to waste
The gym must be tidy, to spread fitness cheer
For 3-2-1 Go! Soon would be near

When all of a sudden I heard such a Clatter
I sprang from my Jump Box to see what was the Matter
There stood St. Nick raising the latch on the Gate
With a twinkle in his eye he bounded, "Sorry I'm late!"
What to my wondering eyes should appear?
But a very Fit Santa now drawing near
He was not chubby and plump nor a large old elf
"Santa's been CrossFitting" I said to myself

"Mind if I lead the workout tonight?
There are so many benchmarks, lets see if I get a few right"
And he whistled and shouted and called them by name
Now LInda! Now Helen! Now Mary! Now Angie!
On Cindy! On Fran! On Diane & Nancy!
"Over the top off the bar! Butt to the Ball! Now Up-Down, Up-Down, Up-Down Y'all

Panting and wheezing we were at the workout's end
As we lay on the floor our limbs would barely bend
Laying a finger aside of his nose
And giving a nod to the pull up bar he rose
He said not a word but went straight to work
When all was said and done he finished with the Push Jerk

He jumped down to the ground and gave a small wave
A great Big Smile, so joyful he gave
And I heard him exclaim as he walked out of sight
"Merry Christmas to All and to all a Good Night!"

Written by Nicole Holstrom

No comments: